Assalamualaikum and a very good evening to all bloggers out there.
Public speaking, yes, we can guess what is it. Speaking in public of course. :-) Anyone can speak, but not everybody can speak in public, right? Even I myself having trouble speaking in front of the class. But, in our course, we had to attend a class which is public speaking class. The only course that doesn't has any final exam. You come into the class and speak at the front. :-)
Today's lecture is about sharing what we have about public speaking.
Here's the tips that I found about this public speaking...
1. Prepare your speech material.
2. Practice, practice and practice.
3. Know your audience.
4. Know your surrounding.
5. Relax. Take your time and greet your audience.
6. Arrange your main points. Use discourse markers.
For example: Firstly, Next.
7. Support your main points. You can give definitions, examples or statistics.
8. Don't apologize for any nervousness.
9. Concentrate on the messages, not your nervousness.
10. Put some interest in your speech. Maybe jokes or stories.
Depend on your speech topic.
Just sharing. :-)